12 Commandments of Food
1. Don't eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize as food.
2. Avoid products containing ingredients you can't pronounce.
3. Don't eat anything that won't eventually rot.
4. Avoid food products that carry health claims.
5. Shop the peripheries of the supermarket; stay out of the middle.
6. Better yet, buy food somewhere else: framer's market or community supported agriculture.
7. Pay more, eat less.
8. Eat a variety of species.
9. Eat food from animals that eat grass.
10. If you can, grow some of your own food.
11. Eat meals and eat them only at tables.
12. Eat deliberately, with other people whenever possible, and always with pleasure.
There are such yummy clean foods to eat, to make. I thought of one of my favorite desserts to share. I have actually have had this for breakfast with a high protein shake.
BANANA & COCONUT PANCAKES
|HOMESTYLE asian photo|
I'm giving you the original recipe. I have modified it, but the original is so good. I don't feel bad at all about 1/3 cup of flour (so very little). I have done it with different gluten-free flours and they turned out fine. I skipped the brown sugar, and instead of butter I used coconut oil. Here you go!
The recipe comes from a book titled, HOMESTYLE asian
1/3 cup flour (all-purpose works, but have tried lots of gf flours)
2 tablespoons of rice flour
1/4 cup of superfine sugar
1/4 cup grated dried coconut
1 cup coconut milk
1egg, lightly beaten1/4 cup butter
4 large bananas
1/3 cup of soft brown sugar
1/3 cup lime juice
1. Sift the flours in a bowl. Add the sugar and coconut and mix through with a spoon. Make a well in the centre, pour in the combined coconut milk and egg and beat until smooth.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan and melt a little butter in it. Pour 3 tablespoons of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook over medium heat until the underside is golden.
3. Turn the pancake over and cook the other side. Transfer to a plate and cover with a dish towel to keep warm while cooking the rest, butter in the pan when necessary. Keep warm while preparing the bananas.
4. Cut the bananas diagonally into thick slices. Heat the remaining butter in the pan, add the bananas and toss until coated. Cook over medium heat until the bananas start to soften and brown. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and shake the pan gently until the sugar has melted. Stir in the lime juice. Divide the bananas among the pancakes and fold over to enclose.
HAPPY MONDAY & HAPPY EATING